Monday, 16 September 2013

Under the Sea - Sinful Colors in Nail Junkie


I must confess, although I'm not usually a drugstore makeup snob, I have always snubbed Sinful Colors.  Every time I've seen the stand in Target I've looked at a divine true emerald shimmer they make and thought "Ugh, what a shame such a beautiful colour is made by that brand". And yet I'd never tried the brand. More the fool me. I received Ruby Ruby in a Lust Have It box (an Australian beauty subscription box for overseas readers) last month, and I discovered just what a goose I've been.  Great pigmentation, great formula and its under $5!  So I did a google of the brand to see what other colours they had out there for me to covet.  And oh boy, do I ever covet!  I picked up Nail Junkie to see if the formula and pigmentation was universally good. 

I love this polish so much.  Its an iridescent-holoesque glitter suspended in a divine teal jelly. I used three coats for depth of squishiness, but could have got away with two since it went on evenly.  It would have left visible nail line even at three, however, if I had nail line to be visible.

So here it is, three coats of SInful Colors Nail Junkie:


I used Gelous as a base coat, and a generous application of Sally Hansen Insta-dry to get rid of the slightly rough feeling left by the glitter particles.


The dry time between coats was super quick. With two coats you wouldn't need a quick dry top coat, except to smooth over the glitter.


Seriously loved wearing Nail Junkie. Will definitely be one of the few polished that I wear more than once.




This lasted a long time on me, 3 days worth of heavy housework, when I usually only get one day when I'm doing a big clean.

And finally, it really wasn't too terrible to remove.  Maybe it was because I used the heavy hitter, super protective Gelous as a base, but this came off relatively easy for a glitter.

So Sinful Colors, you have a new fan.  That Target stand that always got a dirty look from me is now gonna be my new favourite pick-me-up when I'm feeling crappy.  At under $5 for such a great range and quality, how can I resist? And why would I bother?  I just hope I haven't gotten to the party to late to pick up one of those Green Ocean babies.  A green jelly flakie? I thought that would only ever happen in my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment