Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Bottled Sunshine - Nars Kismet

This polish is an odd one.  When it's not in the sun it's not that super fantastic wonderful, but the second you get it in the sunlight it takes on a whole new dimension and seems to be reflecting the look of sunshine itself. It's described by Nars as "metallic sunflower".  I found it more on the side of a gold shimmer than a balls out yellow, until the sun hits it.  Then it comes into its own and certainly is a sunflower-y yellow.  But time for me to stop yammering and give you the pictures.

This was three coats:



Application was reasonable, but not the easiest I've had from a shimmer polish.  I needed three coats as I have extremely ridged nails, but most people could get even and opaque coverage from two medium coats.




I used Sally Hansen Inst-Dry as a top coat:




And one last shot:




So once its all added up, a good polish to have in your collection, and I don't know of any dupes for it.  The joy of the play of light with this laquer can't be overstated.  Kismet was release in 2011 and I don't think it was a limited edition, it still seems to be available on the Nars US website.  I picked my bottle up for around US$10 from an online overstock wholesaler.

And lastly, sorry for the lobster claw once again!  My hands aren't really beet red in real life, I'm just new to photography and would rather sacrifice my skin tone looking glam for the sake of getting a picture of the colour as close as possible to the way it wears in the (not so red) flesh.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment