Friday, 13 September 2013

It's So Easy Being Green - If You're a Holographic Polish



I've had this polish in my collection for years, and only just got round to using it last night. Wow, was I ever missing out. This may have been the most fun I've had applying lacquer, the formula was so awesome that I applied an extra coat even though I got full coverage with 2.  Even more awesome was listening to Andrew Bird's version of It's Not Easy Being Green while I was painting this beauty on:



Who can resist such synchronicity?  Kermit + Reclaim = big smile.



The pictures make it look like the colour gives me lobster claw, but it doesn't IRL I just couldn't get an accurate pic of the colour that was also flattering to my skin tone.


Shown here is 3 coats of Nubar Reclaim. I used a base of Revitanail nail strengthener and SH Insta-dry as top coat.  Adding a top coat didn't diminish the holo-iness at all.


A quick check of Google shopping tells me that this is now a $25 ebay job.  Hopefully they'll re-issue this stunner sometime soon.  As someone on Makeup alley said, this is a HOLO GRAIL of a nail polish.


2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh the colour is just stunning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. It was an absolute joy to wear. If you can get your hands on a bottle do!

      Delete